FRAME runs regular training schools in experimental design and statistics. Previous courses have been highly successful. FRAME has already held schools in association with universities throughout the UK, Europe and Scandinavia.
The schools provide:
- Basic training in experimental design techniques
- Instruction in statistical methods to ensure data is analysed correctly
- Advice on legal and ethical considerations when using experimental animals
- Opportunity to evaluate procedures before putting them into practice
- Chance to meet with other researchers to discuss ideas and exchange expertise
- Practical skills that can be used daily in laboratories
Why do you need a FRAME Training School? Click here.
The last Training School took place in Voss, Norway from 1-3 February 2016.
Further information on the Voss event can be found here: Training School Report 2016
Future Training Schools
The next School will be held in conjunction with the University of Saskatchewan and the University of Nottingham in Canada from 31 May – 2 June, 2017. It will precede the Canadian Council for Animal Care’s (CCAC) national workshop.
Watch this page for further details as they become available, or sign up for notifications by clicking here
Book now at our Eventbrite page (Registration not open yet)
Bursary Application (Applications closed, sorry)
Other potential funding sources (Not available yet)
In preparation for the FRAME course we recommend that you read through this website created by one of the Training School tutors, Dr Michael Festing: http://www.3rs-reduction.co.uk/