WC8 Themes Announced
Themes for the 2011 8th World Congress are:
• Safety and Efficacy Testing of Chemicals, Pharmaceuticals and Biologicals
• Policy/Law on Animal Use, Public Engagement and Ethical Review
• Incorporation of the Three Rs in Education and Training
• Animal Welfare for Refinement and High Quality Science
• Replacement and Reduction in Basic Research
The event will be held in Montréal, Canada, from August 21 to 25, 2011. It is expected to attract more than 1,000 scientists from governments, academia and industry, and experts and representatives of all major animal welfare organisations from all over the world.
Congress Co-Chairs Clément Gauthier of CCAC and Herman Koëter of Orange House Partnership, Brussels, Belgium, say: “The goal of WC8 is to bridge the distance between science and policy and to identify opportunities for collaborations. This is a unique opportunity to share best practices on animal use in science with colleagues from more than 50 countries.
“It will bring together scientists and experts to exchange scientific, ethical and animal welfare knowledge and will provide an opportunity to progress together towards more humane and quality science and improved animal welfare, based on the ethical principles of the Three Rs.”
More information can be found at http://www.wc8.ccac.ca/
Photo of Montréal courtesy of http://www.old.montreal.qc.ca/